Saturday, November 04, 2006

Blind Aphrodite

Renee Bernard
I've been asked a few times about this one, and I thought I would try to clarify things here...especially since the title is appearing on searches at Amazon, etc.

A few years ago, I did the unthinkable *gasp* and published my book, BLIND APHRODITE, with iUniverse, a print-on-demand online publisher. It was a wonderful learning experience, and while the reviews were great, it was barely a blip on anyone's radar. (Ah, the joys of rookie self-promotion vs. a distinct prejudice against print-on-demand books!)

Undaunted, I simply shelved the lesson under "fun but painful", and decided that I'd brave the more traditional route on my next outing. I did, which led to this next trilogy and anthology with Pocket Books and my debut as a now, truly published author (others word choice, not mine).

So, there you have it. I may see about reviving my poor little book one of these days--perhaps with a redraft to make it steamier and a bit heftier...but I'm afraid that once you've put the duckling in the wrong pond, you can never take it out again. For now it is out of print, I own the rights and who knows...

Anyway, thanks for asking about that "first book"!

4 Comments:

Blogger FerfeLaBat said...

I think from here on out everything I write will be self-pub. Easier.

8:58 AM  
Blogger May said...

Finally, your stalker Sybil's curiosity is satisfied. :D

1:47 PM  
Blogger Renee Bernard said...

I can see self-pub working for you, Ferfe. Seriously...you've got the following, you're a 'connected' kind of girl when it comes to the cyber stuff, and you have the perfect 'devil-may-care' attitude to really pull it off with total panache.

And the print-on-demand market has certainly come a long way...

4:01 PM  
Blogger Renee Bernard said...

I am excited to find your books and read them. Desiring to write someday myself, I will definitely have to find a pen name.
Off to the bookstore I go...
Renee Bernard

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home